Thursday 9 February 2012

Update

Just a quick post (while in the midst of EU law coursework and revision, the joy) to say that I haven't abandoned this fledgling blog - I have several posts planned, but am sadly time-poor at the moment! I have, however, acquired a few beauty bits and pieces over the last few weeks, including a smattering of the gorgeous NARS Spring collection (Valparaiso Pure Matte lipstick and the divine Lhasa eyeshadow), and my first Rockalily lipstick! I also picked up a few things in Charlie's recent blogsale: NARS Carthage Pure Matte lipstick, which I'd had my eye on for a while, and the infamous MAC Stereo Rose MSF (just couldn't resist - what can I say, I'm a sucker for the hype!).

I've also been dreaming about moving to LONDON (finally). I currently live at home in Kent, and am commuting to law school in London - it's only half an hour on the train, but it makes all the difference! Living at home after four years away at university has been a bit of an adjustment, and to be honest I can't wait to move out again. Hopefully by the beginning of September!



Gratuitous shot of London looking pretty

I've also been tweeting a LOT (sorry) about the recent UniLad controversy. Here's the BBC's coverage, and there's a lot more out there (including some excellent blog posts) - if you have a strong stomach, this Tumblr, compiled by the amazing LorrieHearts, demonstrates how violent and misogynist (as well as homophobic) much of the content was. Feel free to tweet me if you're interested to know more.

Depressing stuff, apologies! But it's really made me think how important the things we say on the internet can be, and how much of an impact they can have in real life. I'm sure lots of you have already seen it, but I highly recommend the recent BBC Panorama on online bullying and the horrific consequences it can have on vulnerable young people in particular - not very pleasant viewing, but valuable I think.

And finally, an album I've been loving: Bad Dream Hotline by FOE. I even bought it on CD recently, after Spotify's "five listens and you're done" rule kicked in (dammit).




Coming up: a post on my rapidly expanding NARS "collection", I think!

Till next time,

Josephine x

No comments:

Post a Comment