Tuesday 17 April 2012

Makeup Stockpile

So, for some reason I took pictures of the contents of my makeup drawers (bought from WH Smith last year, inspired by Anna's similar ones).

If nothing else, I can report back that the blinding glare of an entire drawerful of MAC lipsticks seriously confuses the auto setting on my camera, as you can see below...

Foundations and blushers, feat. NARS, MAC, Illamasqua, Topshop, Bourjois, Benefit, et al
Hilariously amateur photo of MAC lipsticks - and yes, there are two layers. I have a problem
Lipliners & glosses etc. Amusingly, I don't even count myself as a lipgloss-wearer
Mixed bunch of eyeliners. I usually wear the L'Oreal liquid liner. Fail.
Eye shadows - heavy on the cream shadow side here, palettes elsewhere!
Lipsticks, including MAC overspill. I have no excuse.
And this isn't even everything I own - I have a separate makeup bag for stuff I'm currently using every day. And my two MAC eyeshadow palettes and UD Naked palette are elsewhere. OH LORD. Is this normal? Spending ban needed pronto, especially on the lipstick front. Because nobody needs that many lipsticks. Not even in a nuclear winter. I couldn't face photographing my nail polish! Another time, when I'm feeling stronger...

Anyway, I think my next post will be on my favourite high street makeup. More words than pictures this time, honest!

Till next time,

Josephine x

PS. I really hope this doesn't come across as in any way boastful - apart from sheer boredom at sitting at home revising contract law all day, I was motivated by a desire to remind myself what the hell I actually own before I'm tempted to buy yet more, and encourage myself to use more of all this stuff rather than grabbing the same bits & pieces every morning. I may do a lipstick of the day "challenge" to shake things up in those groaning lipstick drawers, for one thing!

10 comments:

  1. Normal ;) We like choice, that's all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! I love that way of looking at it :) x

      Delete
  2. I love this post, like to have a good through other peoples make up drawers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! I'm so nosy when it comes to other people's stuff, love to see what they've chosen & how they store it! Love your blog by the way, just discovered it the other day :) x

      Delete
  3. I shamefully out grew this set of draws. :/ Would love to see an overview of your mac lipsticks. I'm addicted too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting to that stage too - some of the drawers barely close! Oops. Will definitely get swatching with the MAC lipsticks, would be good to revisit them all & remind myself what I own! xx

      Delete
  4. Ive filled a 4 drawer dressing table 4 filled glossyboxes stacked underneath and had to get myself a 4 drawer storage tower to stand at side I hope this is normal :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow sounds like a great set-up - definitely normal I'd say ;) I really want to get some proper storage & a dressing-table sorted when I get my own place again, especially since some of these drawers barely close & are such a mess it's impossible to find things! x

      Delete
  5. That's an impressive collection! :)

    labeauteobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me smile. I have boxes and boxes of old make up sitting at home that I have shamefully hoarded in magpie style because I have some deluded idea that it will come in useful even though it is miles out of date...all we really need are the basics everyday! Looks like a very artistic arrangement you have there.
    Christobel x

    http://www.calico-casa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete