Sunday 15 January 2012

Current Wish List

AKA Things I Want to Buy, If Only I Had the Money.

Currently featuring, for the first time ever, a shedload of NARS:
  • Lhasa eyeshadow and Valparaiso Pure Matte lipstick from the new Spring collection. Just because. I recently bought Vesuvio Pure Matte lipstick and I love the formula, so probably won't be able to resist buying one or two more.
  • Carthage Pure Matte lipstick, although this is a very summery shade so I may be able to hold off for a while! That and the fact I already have lipsticks in this colour, but who's counting?
  • And lots of blush: having recently acquired Sin, a gorgeous cool-toned berry with gold shimmer, I now need to try Douceur (raved about by lots of bloggers, including the lovely Estee), Mata Hari, Sex Appeal (I quite like the idea of a blush about as pale as I am, for those bleary mornings when blending is beyond me!), Desire (or Gaiety, the latest release - I love me a bright candy pink!), and the notorious Deep Throat. I realise that is one hell of a lot of blush, oh dear. I'm hoping to sidestep Orgasm, on the grounds of its apparently fairly obnoxious gold glitter, but you never know.
For once, I hardly want anything from MAC - shamefully, I think I own all the permanent eyeshadows and lipsticks that interest me, and I'm not that big on the collections. (Come to think of it, that's a complete lie coming from someone who bought two lipsticks from Iris Apfel and a highlighter from the-collection-with-Lightscapade, the name of which now escapes me.)
  • Am debating the merits of acquiring the MSFs in Blonde and/or Redhead from the Naturally collection. Naturally, I need neither.
  • Since my beloved No. 7 pressed powder is coming to an end once again, and I have yet to come by a £5 off voucher (how is that possible?), I'm interested in trying the much-feted MSF Natural. However, given my vague knowledge of just how dark the lightest MAC foundation shades are, I'm not optimistic it will be pale enough for me.
And finally, the only thing I'm vaguely coveting from Illamasqua is Belladonna Intense Lipgloss, thanks to the gorgeous Cami. I own two of these, in Follow and Fume (LOUD colours, of course), which I picked up in a sale last summer, and they are stunning - amazingly pigmented, and not sticky at all! Which is a special bonus, since sticky lipgloss reminds me of my fourteen-year-old self's obsession with Lancome Juicy Tubes (do those still exist?).

I'm far too terrified to add up how much that little lot would cost, if I did indeed buy all of it. Ignorance is bliss. I'm not even looking at the other Spring collections (Chanel, Guerlain, just say no). So much for a post-Christmas month of self-denial and frugality.

I will keep you updated on how my errant will-power and I get on this month!

Till next time,

LL x

No comments:

Post a Comment