Saturday 14 January 2012

First Ever Post

So, after quite a while following many lovely beauty bloggers and Youtubers, I decided to give it a go myself. Not sure I'll be contributing anything very original, but since I have a shameful amount of makeup (in which I have yet to lose interest - probably a good thing?) I felt it was time to take the plunge and start posting. Will my point-and-shoot camera be up to the job? Only time will tell!

 I'm Josephine, 22 years old, living near London, and a student by occupation - I finished my second degree in English literature in July, and became a law student in October. I'm eagerly anticipating/dreading the date in 2013 when I finally start A Real Job as a City solicitor. In the mean time, my cosy student bubble leaves a lot of time (too much, some might say) for buying/wearing/rambling about beauty-related things.

Here's a random get-to-know-me tag I found somewhere on Google. Because I'm supposed to be reading about vicarious liability, and I don't want to.

1. Are you named after anyone? My middle names are my grandmothers' names, so yes.
2. When was the last time you cried? Ages ago. Stiff upper lip and other British cliches galore.
3. Do you have kids? Pets, yes. Kids, no.
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? It really depends. Who is this other person? Could I exist in two places at once? Cue spiralling existential crisis.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? I would say yes, but it wouldn't be sarcastic enough.
6. Will you ever bungee-jump? No. I am hideously cautious and hate adrenalin. Did you see that clip of the girl's bungee cord breaking? I rest my case.
7. What's your favorite cereal? I'm more of a porridge girl. Oh the glamour. Alternatively, Marmite on toast.
8. What's the first thing you notice about people? Whether they smile or not. People who don't smile scare me.
9. What is your eye colour? Blue/grey/undecided.
10. Scary movie or happy endings? Happy endings. I have an overactive imagination and hate scary/gory films as a rule.
11. Favorite smells? Coffee. Talcum powder. Rain. Lilies of the valley. Vanilla.
12. Summer or winter? Winter. I am sadly not designed for summer, much as I'd like to be - I hate being hot and sticky, and I'm luminously pale. Give me woolly things and frost any day.
13. Computer or television? Computer, because you can watch TV on it. Bargain. (Well, if I ever get round to buying a MacBook Air it won't be such a bargain, but you catch my drift.)
14. What's the furthest you've ever been from home? The US, Barbados. Nowhere incredibly exotic (yet).
15. Do you have any special talents? Not of the party-trick kind, no. Must work on that.
16. Where were you born? London.
17. What are your hobbies? Reading, drinking tea/coffee, watching films, going to the pub, reading the Sunday papers cover to cover, cooking, walking my dog, talking too much, blowing my money on makeup, and t'internet I suppose.
18. Do you have any pets? A cat and a dog. I am suspicious of anyone who doesn't like pets.
19. Favorite movie? Let's go with an embarrassing one: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. What do you mean Robin wasn't American? (And presumably didn't have a mullet either...Less said about that the better.)
20. Do you have any siblings? One younger brother.
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? A real person. A girl can dream.

And finally, a shocking confession (at least, shocking for someone who owns as many lipsticks as I do): I wasn't wearing any lipstick at all today, until I gratuitously slapped on MAC Syrup whilst typing this post. Oh the shame.

Till next time,

Josephine x

Follow this blog with Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment